Safety is a top priority at Brooke Industries, Inc. In order to provide a safe and healthful work environment for consumers, employees, customers, and visitors, we take pride in maintaining an active workplace safety program. Our Human Resources Director provides oversight for implementing, administering, and evaluating the safety program. However, the success of the program depends on the alertness and personal commitment of all.
A safety committee, composed of representatives from throughout the organization, monitors the safety program at Brooke Industries, Inc. and facilitates effective communication between consumers, employees and management about workplace safety and health issues. This is accomplished through regular internal communication channels such as memos, postings, or other written communications.
Consumers and employees also receive periodic workplace safety training. These trainings address potential safety and health issues and encourage safe work practices and procedures to eliminate or minimize hazards.
Examples of the ongoing efforts at Brooke Industries, Inc. to promote health and safety in the workplace include:
- Monthly Safety Committee Meetings
- Monthly Employee Safety Meetings
- Monthly Facility-Wide Safety Inspections
- Regular Fire and Tornado Drills
- Emergency Response Program
- Lift Truck Operation and Safety Training
- Machine Operation Training
- CPR, AED and First Aid Training
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Voluntary Hepatitis B Vaccinations
- Annual Voluntary Influenza Vaccination Clinics
- Safety Incentive Program
Brooke Industries, Inc. is an active member of the Fond du Lac Area Safety Council, a division of the Fond du Lac Area Association of Commerce, and has proudly earned the Safety Honor Roll Award for many years. We encourage involvement at every level in our organization, as we have found that some of the best safety improvement ideas come from consumers and employees.